Cape Town's The Test Kitchen has been named the best
dining destination in South Africa, continuing a
six-year winning streak at a leading restaurant awards
At the 2017 Eat Out Mercedes-Benz
Restaurant Awards, held in Cape Town recently, chef Luke
Dale-Roberts maintained his stronghold on the top spot,
for a concept menu that takes diners around the world.
First stop at The Test Kitchen is Peru, where diners
whet their palates with ceviche, before they head off to
South Korea to sample "ssam jang veg" and England where
they munch on pork scratchings and cheddar ploughman.
Main dishes include pan-seared duck breast with sour
cherry clafoutis, duck liver stuffing and sour cherry
jus, and slow-cooked pork belly with roasted sweet
potato, smoked chestnut and orange dashi.
Here are the top 10 restaurants in South Africa,
according to the 2017 Eat Out Mercedes-Benz Restaurant
- The Test Kitchen (Woodstock, Cape Town)
- Restaurant Mosaic at The Orient (Elandsfontein,
- The Restaurant at Waterkloof (Somerset West)
- Chefs Warehouse at Beau Constantia (Constantia,
- Greenhouse at The Cellars-Hohenort (Constantia,
- Camphors at Vergelegen (Somerset West)
- La Colombe (Constantia, Cape Town)
- The Shortmarket Club (City Bowl, Cape Town)
- Overture (Stellenbosch)
- The Pot Luck Club (Woodstock, Cape Town).