A number of requests have recently been received from South African citizens, living abroad, for a "Letter of Entitlement" to be issued to them as it is required in order to exchange their SA drivers licences for drivers licences of their country of residence.

Please be advised that the Department of Foreign Affairs does not issue such certificates / letters.

A "Letter of Entitlement" can only be obtained from the Department of Transport and guidelines to obtain such a letter can be obtained from the following e-mail address: dl@fischercons.com

Telephonic enquiries can also be directed to Ms. I Pretorius at the following telephone number: (012) 309-3759 or per fax: (012) 309-3812 at the Department of Transport