Travelling to South Africa
South Africa has opened its borders on 1 October 2020.
1. South Africans are no longer required to register
repatriation or obtain a travel letter from LOSA to enter South
2. Foreign Nationals from visa required countries may now apply
• Visitorˇ¦s visas;
• Study visa;
• Treaty visa;
• Business visa;
• Crew visa;
• Medical treatment visa;
• Relativeˇ¦s visa;
• General work visa;
• Critical skills work visa;
• Intra-company transfer work visa;
• Retired person visa;
• Corporate visa;
• Exchange visa;
Please read the HEALTH INFORMATION below carefully:
1. On arrival, travellers will need to present a negative
COVID-19 test results not older than 72 hours from time of
departure from the time of departure from the country of origin
to South Africa.
2. This PCR (polymerase chain reaction) test that is not older
than 72 hours must have been conducted by a certified medical
practitioner and should have the details (including name,
official stamp and signature) of the practitioner who conducted
3. Where a traveller has not done a Covid-19 test prior to
departure, they will be required to remain in mandatory
quarantine at their own cost for the period of ten (10) days.
4. All travellers will be subjected to screening by Port Health
Officials upon arrival and departure.
5. All travellers detected with symptoms will be required to
remain in quarantine until a repeat COVID-19 test is conducted
at their own costs.
6. All travellers to complete Traveller Health Questionnaire
prior to arrival or upon arrival at the PoE.
7. Every traveller must have mandatory travel insurance which is
supposed to cover the COVID-19 test and quarantine costs.
8. All travellers should wear masks at all times whilst within
the Ports of Entry controlled area;
9. Travellers will also need to provide proof of accommodation
address should they need to self-quarantine at the time of
arrival in the country.
NB: Persons wishing to travel must make their own travel
arrangements. LOSA will not provide any information regarding
available flights or help with securing of booking on behalf of