TRANSIT VISAS REINSTATED
Transit visas have been reinstated and as from 1 June 2010, all foreigners from non-visa exempt countries travelling enroute the Republic of South Africa to neighbouring countries (i.e. the Kingdom of Lesotho, the Kingdom of Swaziland, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana and Mozambique) will be required to be in possession of and to produce a valid transit visa upon entering South Africa.
The following documents are required to apply for the said visa:
- A duly completed application form BI-84,
- 2 photographs measuring 35 x 45 mm;
- A valid passport;
- Yellow fever vaccination certificate if person travelled or intend
travelling from or through a yellow fever endemic area;
- Proof of a onward/return ticket (itinerary).
- Proof of financial means.
- Proof that applicant will be admitted to their destinations i.e hold a
visa, permit for temporary or permanent residence permit of the
country of destination, and
- Visa fee where applicable (NT$ 1660). Gratis to R.O.C passport
Transit visa is not applicable to foreigners whose intention is to travel by road. A normal visitor¡¦s visa is required to do so. (13 October 2010)